Tuesday, November 20, 2007

1st Tri

Hi everyone-

In 2003, I was surprise to see my sister actively doing a triathlon because usually she was a bookworm and I was the active one in sports. I've never heard of "triathlon" and wanted to learn more, so therefore, my sister introduced me to the team she joined. It was exciting to meet all of the athletes on Team Dream and Derrick Milligan, the founder and coach of TD. There were so many women from different backgrounds. With their help and my sister's, I've learned alot and participated in my 1st tri in 2004 in Wisconsin at Danskin, then 2 weeks later, Reebok Tri in Naperville. I was a bit nervous about open water swim and my sister recommend a swim race at Lake in the Hills called the Splish, Splash, Dash. That year the water was so cold at 67 degrees, I nearly froze and dog paddled the whole 200 yards. I was so glad to see my mom standing nearby with a big warm towel! But the following year, the water was warm enough to not wear a wetsuit. I've watch some of my team 'sistas' swim half miles in minutes and 1 mile less then 30 minutes. Most of them, participate in more then 3 or more races a year including South Shore Tri, but the main event for Team Dream is Danskin.

No comments: